Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time of the Sea / Sun


There was a time when I considered myself a hardcore Boredoms fan -- as well as with Noise and its variants in general. And while they still are one of my favorite bands, it kinda seems that one day* we both realized we've had grown up. Their lack of releases, aside the Super Roots EPs (only own the first), and my need for more structured music might explain it as well.

Seadrum/House of Sun is listed as their last release, and not exactly a fan favorite. Many will recommend Super Æ or Vision Creation Newsun over it, but there's something I find really appealling in this record. To me, it sounds more laid back, sincere and texture-focused than the others. More or less like a celebration for what they've had achieved, and in that way it does sound like a proper farewell, even if uncalled for.

* 77Boadrum, perhaps

pw: spooked

2 comments:

  1. this is one of my favourites as well. saw them at lollapalooza around when pop tatari came out. one of the most inspiring performances i have ever been witness too.

    c.freezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're a lucky guy, I fear I'll never have a chance to see them live. I'm not even sure if they're still active. thanks for yr shout!

      Delete