Tuesday, June 26, 2012

in mother russia.


holy fucking shit. why have i not heard of vladimir vysotsky before? some canadian cat who was staying where i work told me about this guy, & said he was the russian leonard cohen. i can see a bit of that, but on this record, he reminds me a lot of brel & my man walker. i definitely see those cats in the same league... i guess he's referred to as the russian bob dylan because they both came up at the same time? maybe they were both working in a "political" realm around the same time that civil unrest in both countries was running high? who fucking knows. anyway, just download this & thank me later. & if anyone out there has more gems from this cat, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yr welcome man, just happy yr digging it as much as i am. this record is really really amazing.

    ReplyDelete