Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Let my people stay

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9jpg529gmx19880/MVG-NRA.zip


Hey fellas. Before start ripping my vinyl -- been trying to figure out how isolate my set from radio interference, it's driving me nuts --, I'll share some CD rips I've found scattered around my HDD and the webverse.

Ripped by my yoga instructor's request (lol), this album is a collection of songs passed on and sung by members of the Guarani people, probably the largest indigenous group in Brazil (also extending to other countries). While I'm not exactly up to date with USA's politics on native people, I can guarantee Brazil's probably way worse. Recent examples are the construction of a giant hydro plant complex inside an Indian reserve and the perpetual slaughter of indigenous leaders by big farmers and such. Depressing shit, really.

Well, about the album, is entirely sung by the Guarani (it's also the language's name) children of many different tribes; kinda akin to the Wulu Bunun record I've posted some time ago, though as not as sophisticated in production. Very nice tunes with minimum instrumentation, and another important glimpse of an endangered culture.


pw: spooked


ps.: this is the 1st CD. If anyone wants part 2, just message me. Or better yet, get it at iTunes


No comments:

Post a Comment